Sunday, August 22, 2010

geFilzt, Wollmeise, First Class, and YARN MAIL!

My last day in Germany was devoted to wool!

My day started with a trip to visit Edith at geFilzt.
We had so much fun and I gave her a Turkish Spindle lesson.

She fell in love with Chuck and Sally,
so they have gone to live with her now!

This is my loot from her shop

She gave me some really cool pencil roving.
One is missing from this shot 
because it has been shipped to someone else 
as part of a surprise!

The yarn will be going into a Bolero,
that I have already started!!

I have a few extra spindles who are
looking for loving homes.
So keep an eye out, 
they will appear here soon!

Next stop on my Day of Wool was Wollmeise!!

Admittedly, I'm borrowing some pictures
I took a few months ago on my first visit.

The Wollmeise WC!

The store was completely rearranged for the BIG SALE
to make room for all the beautiful yarn!

Wollemeise Loot!

The above sock yarns were looking for new homes.
But, others were much quicker and snatched them up!




These were up for grabs too,
but Wow you WM fans are serious!
All WM will go on a first come, first serve basis!
And they are gone!

If I decide that I can live without any
that I kept for my personal stash,
I'll let you know =)

This is all of my WM loot packed in my suitcase!
I wonder what the TSA guy thought!
(the other half of the suitcase was full of chocolate =))

I wound the skein of Poison #5 by hand in my hotel room.
I so missed my ball winder!
Winding by hand sucks.
But at least it was ready for knitting!


The next day, it was time to fly home.
I'd like to point out here that not only
did the airport carry knitting magazines,
but they had an entire shelf devoted to them!

I think it was the Yarn Harlot or Cat Bordhi who pointed out,
that they sell thousands of copies of golf and cooking magazines
in airports and you can't even do those things on a plane!
So it is preposterous that they 
don't sell knitting magazines!

Found this quote by Cat: 
"We knitters are so well on our way to taking over the world. 
Soon they will sell not only knitting magazines in airports, 
but have whole yarn shops in airports 
and learn-to-knit kiosks for waiting travelers. 
Really. I think we shall see that in our lifetimes. Can't wait." 

It's coming Cat!

Also, check out the top row!
I found the Verena Stricken fall magazine 
with the pattern for Klimt #26!!

And then something happened 
that has never happened before...

I was upgraded to 1st class!
To be fair, they called it business class,
but it was the highest class on the plane,
so I'm calling it first!

They served a 4 course meal,
complete with a menu.



And for desert they brought by a cart
of build to order Ice Cream Sundays!!

Half way through the flight, 
they brought out fresh baked cookies.
And I forgot to take a picture of lunch!

I could definitely get used to this!

Plus, check this out,
if I had had a travel wheel, 
I could have totally spun on the plane!


So on that note, I've made a decision!
As soon as my paypal account reaches a balance of $200,
I'm putting a deposit on a Pocket Wheel!
I'll have to wait until Spring of 2011 to get it,
but it will be well worth the wait!

Spun this on the plane...
My pretty yet-to-be-named Bacote,
is a little camera shy =)


This is what I did with my Poison #5 while on the plane!
It will be a pair of Knotty Gloves, when I'm done =)
The pattern is by Julia Mueller of Laris Designs.
This was the first glove pattern I found on Ravelry,
and I didn't have time to look through the others.
But, I love her glove designs and,
I think I will have to try another one of her patterns next!


So, ok, I know most of you have quit reading
since this is such a loooooooong post,
so I'll keep the rest of this quick:

YARN MAIL

Phat Fiber August - Africa

Fibreholics #7


Oh and I found these drinks when I got home.
They are a lot like a drink I really like in Germany.
I think they are called Orangecino,
or something like that.


Anywho, that's all!

I've got knitting to do now!